1. Have you ever been to and/or lived near the desert? What did you think? Travel and Leisure lists the 'coolest' American desert towns as-
Palm Springs CA, Virgina City NE, Bend OR, Winslow AZ, Marfa TX, Grand Junction CO, Silver City NM, Moab UT, Taos NM, Yakima WA, Borrego Springs CA, Terlingua TX, and St. George UT, and Tubac AZ
I've never lived near the desert but I have been. The Summer before my junior year of high school I took a cross country trip with my friend's family. We went to Phoenix, Arizona and also saw the Grand Canyon. We traveled to Nevada, New Mexico and Utah. It was an amazing experience and the beauty was spectacular! I'd love to take a trip like that with my own children someday!
Have you been to any of these? Would you like to visit a desert town? Which on the list would you most like to see?
I've been to Silver City and Moab. I would love to see Grand Junction!
2. What's a plan or project you've deserted in the past year?
(ahem) Blogging 3x a week!
3. Desert-dessert? Share two or three words you find yourself having to think twice about when it comes to spelling. conscientious, pronunciation
4. High and dry, like watching paint dry, dry run, dry as dust, not a dry eye in the house...which phrase can you relate to currently? Explain. Probably dry run. My youngest daughter had recited a poem for her class last week. She was busy practicing that for us!
5. How often do you frequent the dry cleaners? Starch or no starch? My husband goes once a month, light starch I think?
6. What's a food or beverage you enjoy that's named for a place? Key Lime Pie?
7. Do you need solitude? Absolutely! I am a person who very much enjoys being alone from time to time!
8. Insert your own random thought here.