If you're like me, you're often pressed for time. I've talked about the importance of planning your meals to save time and the importance of simple, weeknight dinners. When al fresco and Minute® Rice wanted to partner and share a recipe, I couldn't refuse. Chicken and rice is a staple for so many families, why not keep it as easy as possible with these kitchen must haves?
What I love about alfresco is that they have a variety of chicken sausages so they are a great, versatile protein to include with your meals. From Sweet and Smokey BBQ, Classic Italian, Buffalo and Spicy Jalapeño, these are flavorful, all natural, gluten free and delicious. Minute Rice is a classic and a great item to keep in your pantry. Also all natural and gluten free, I love the variety that they offer, including classic white, brown, jasmine, multi-grain medley and more. The possibilities are endless!
Mediterranean Chicken and Rice
- 1 12oz package al fresco Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups Minute® Rice, uncooked
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute kalamata olives, red onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage, tomato and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sausage mixture, rice and lemon juice, top with oregano.
Ready to be inspired? Head over here to see more amazing recipes and vote for your favorite! The al fresco and Minute Rice $1000 sweepstakes gives you a chance to win $1000!
Please note, I did receive products to facilitate this review and feature. All opinions, as always, are my own.