Go to Gadget

Do you ever get sucked into those "As Seen On TV" ads?  Unfortunately, I do sometimes. But I never act on impulse and actually go through with the purchase.  I mean, I don't need pajama jeans badly enough, even if they are a bargain price of $19 for TWO pairs.  Anyway, this season always leads us to apple picking and bringing out my most favorite gadget of all....my apple peeler/corer/slicer.  The girls are absolutely fascinated by this tool that can easily do all three things at once, leaving us with an accordion of apples. 
 
I literally pull this out weekly, when I'm making applesauce, apple crisp or apple rings.  It is so fast.  I purchased a cheap version a few years ago and although it gets stuck at times, it's really never failed us.  This year the girls decided to make tons of "Apple Spaghetti" and snacked on the peels for days.  Whatever works!
What's your favorite kitchen gadget?
Hope you are off to a wonderful Columbus Day and that you are lucky enough to have the day off!  Yay for three day weekends!  Have a great day friends!

Comments

  1. I just got an apple peeler last week at Xmas Tree and I REALLY wanted a red one but all they got was green. Anyway, for that cheap price and with my kids bugging me on making an apple pie, I bought it. I think hands down, my favorite kitchen gadget is my KitchenAid mixer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing we had the day off up here! I could use a long weekend :-) I keep telling myself I need to get one of these little gadgets, but haven't yet, so I am still peeling with my paring knife...if I peel at all. My favorite kitchen gadget? I'm not sure, I do certainly love my kitchenaid, but I haven't been using that as much lately. I think my santoku knife is probably my most used item - but that doesn't really qualify as a gadget :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite gadget is my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I've had it since I was 19...I'm in my mid-30's now and it's been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts