Rainy weekend = Downtime

We had quite a rainy weekend here on the East Coast.  I don't remember when it has rained that much in recent weeks/months.  It was a great opportunity to have some special family time and sort of gave us all an excuse to slow down.  I love the fact that children can get caught up in a game or imaginative play for hours.  Adults, on the other hand, are always striving to get more done, getting caught up in the "business of the day" instead of relaxing, which is also important for a clear mind and a happy outlook. My two were in great spirits and just clicked.  There are most certainly times when these two sisters aren't on the same page but lucky for us, this wasn't the case this past weekend.  

I love it when they can learn from one another and enjoy one another because that's a big part of having a sibling!  I never had one, so it's been a joy to see these two bond and grow closer.  I hope they always have that with one another.
I also had an opportunity to make another pot of fresh applesauce and added extra cinnamon this time around, which made it even more delicious.  We are addicted to this treat, the girls request it for breakfast and dessert.  When the ingredients are simply apples, lemon juice and cinnamon it's the greatest snack I can think of.  We're out of apples now so my hope is that we'll make it over to the orchard for more picking next weekend before they are picked out. 

Grab the crockpot applesauce recipe here or do it on the stovetop.  What did you do this weekend? 

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend of relaxing! I love to slow down, unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough! There seems to always be something else that needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts