Barefoot by the Sea: Galia Melon: Have you had one?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Galia Melon: Have you had one?

I love discovering new fruits and veggies.  That was the case right before Easter, when I discovered a Galia Melon at Trader Joes.  I had never had one but the lady there said they were sweet and delicious so I figured we'd give it a try.  We were not disappointed!

Galia's look like a small cantaloupe from the outside, but have the greenish inner flesh similar to a honeydew. The flavor is juicy, tart and sweet.  No mild weak melon flavor here. This melon has an intense flavor worthy of waking you up! 

Every website I found that discussed Galia Melons said that it is a dessert melon.  Melons in general are great breakfast eats because they are hydrating, low in calories and high in nutrients like potassium-an important electrolyte for replenishing your body and assisting in hydration.

We agree - great for breakfast, snacking - anytime really!
Seriously, it's the little things that make me giddy!  Discovering a new fruit at my age?  Can't you just feel my excitement?

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is beautiful! And yes, I have heard of galia melon but I've never tried it....saw it at TJ's this morning, in fact, but we have an entire cantaloupe sitting in our fridge right now! I will have to go back and grab one - who am I kidding - the cantaloupe will be gone tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel pretty grateful to have come across the weblog and look forward to some more awesome moments reading here. Thank you once again….
    Accounts Software For Small Business
    Simran Kaur

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Delxue Designs