Galia Melon: Have you had one?

I love discovering new fruits and veggies.  That was the case right before Easter, when I discovered a Galia Melon at Trader Joes.  I had never had one but the lady there said they were sweet and delicious so I figured we'd give it a try.  We were not disappointed!

Galia's look like a small cantaloupe from the outside, but have the greenish inner flesh similar to a honeydew. The flavor is juicy, tart and sweet.  No mild weak melon flavor here. This melon has an intense flavor worthy of waking you up! 

Every website I found that discussed Galia Melons said that it is a dessert melon.  Melons in general are great breakfast eats because they are hydrating, low in calories and high in nutrients like potassium-an important electrolyte for replenishing your body and assisting in hydration.

We agree - great for breakfast, snacking - anytime really!
Seriously, it's the little things that make me giddy!  Discovering a new fruit at my age?  Can't you just feel my excitement?

Comments

  1. Your daughter is beautiful! And yes, I have heard of galia melon but I've never tried it....saw it at TJ's this morning, in fact, but we have an entire cantaloupe sitting in our fridge right now! I will have to go back and grab one - who am I kidding - the cantaloupe will be gone tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts