It's no secret that I'm not a huge meat or poultry eater. Growing up, my parents loves taking us out to fancy steak houses and protein was the name of the game. I've never cared for it however, my family does enjoy a nice piece of chicken every once in a while. Over the years, I've become more concerned about how chickens are raised and follow a strict rule when it comes to selecting the poultry that my family consumes. Typically I like to buy local from farmers who I know and trust. When local isn't an option, I seek out organic but that always seems to come with a HIGH price. I was excited to learn more about Harvestland poultry products. Available in your local grocery stores, Harvestland prides themselves on their quality, Hormone free, all-natural poultry products? Yes PLEASE!Each chicken breast comes individually packaged within the package (shown above) so you can portion out your chicken as needed!
This delicious PULLED CHICKEN is a big hit for Superbowl Sunday! Check out this recipe for chicken tacos here, my family LOVES it! It's even tastier with Harvestland chicken!
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Pulled Chicken (Prudence Pennywise)
Estimated Cost: $3.00
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Coat inside of crock pot with no stick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, or until chicken shreds very easily with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Chicken will absorb liquid after it is shredded.) Serve in tacos.Just the facts
• All chickens are raised on family farms with very strict USDA Process Verified programs, which ensures that the chickens are fed all-vegetarian diets with no animal by-products, raised cage-free, and are never given any antibiotics, ever!
• Raised to the same standards as their chicken, HARVESTLAND® turkeys are fed an all-vegetarian diet with no antibiotics, steroids or hormones.*
• Pork is the latest addition to the HARVESTLAND® brand. Their hogs are raised on family farms in the Midwest and are also fed an all-vegetarian diet with no antibiotics, hormones or steroids.*
• Harvestland also offers USDA-certified organic chicken. These chickens are raised without antibiotics on free-range, organic farms and are fed an all vegetarian diet of certified organic ingredients.
• The HARVESTLAND® product line includes fresh chicken, turkey, and pork products!
Check out Harvestland on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instragram to be in the know. Also, you can find a list of retailers in your area who sell Harvestland!
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product. ®