Santa, shake your groove thing!

Recently, we've been watching more Christmas specials.  It's been fun rediscovering some that I hadn't seen in years.  Is it me or are some of our favorite holiday characters a tad frightening? Case in point...


Rudolph's Shiny New Year (1976)
Who let this baby wander all around town with only a diaper?  The water in his hometown certainly needs a better filtration system!  Now I know who Stephen King based his Gage character on in Pet Cemetary!  Creepy!
Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974)
The girls love this one but noticed the character's faces are all the same...even the mice!
Santa Claus is coming to town (1970)
The Santa Claus at the mall I talked about the other day had the same color hair!
Still, we will watch and enjoy (even with confused facination) these classic 70's Christmas specials! 


Comments

  1. agreed! How creepy!!! Yet there is comfort in the oldies!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are watching too! Definitely freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I wondered about this myself this year! I love this old 70s classics, but they are so funny (yes, creepy) looking. I was also watching the old Donald Duck snowball fight cartoon and couldn't get over how violent it is! But I always loved it as a kid. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the old Frosty movie where one of the characters says, "Why I outta..." and pretends to back-slap one of the kids. Wouldn't be able to pull that off with The Wiggles...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts