Pass the BBQ

Getting ready to celebrate Memorial Day this weekend with friends and family.  Of course, that means I need to step up the cooking in anticipation for their arrival.  I was thinking of trying to make pulled pork or bbq chicken sandwiches but having never been a huge BBQ fan (no really, I am an American!) hesitated.  The store bought sauce always tastes sicky sweet.  How lucky was I to come across one of my favorite blogs, Simply Healthy Family and find that Gwen said the same thing.  Is she a mind reader?  Perhaps!  Or, maybe just a healthy Mama trying to offer her family the best ingredients and "real" foods she can. 
Having said that, check out her blog, which is FULL of fabulous recipes.  I'm also including her recipe for BBQ chicken sandwiches and her photo too.  This is on my "to do list" for the weekend, along with an old favorite chipotle coleslaw, which I blogged about last year here.
Quick BBQ Sauce:

1 1/2 cups ketchup
3/4 cup spicy brown mustard
1 onion finely grated
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire
1 tbsp. brown sugar OR honey
1/2 c. water
2 TBSP Grilling Seasoning
Whisk all together and stir occasion
Combine all ingredients together in a sauce pot. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes whisking occasionally.

Linking up over at Carole's Chatter today!

Have a great weekend everyone - hope yours is a long one!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you all liked them! Thanks so much for such a sweet post. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, lookin yummy. Thanks for bringing it on over to the BBQ! Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts