Get Them To The Greek Pasta Salad

Love perfecting this recipe, a staple in our house every. single. Summer.  It never fails and I love the fact that my kiddos forgo the creamy (aka - Ranch coated) pasta salad for this one.   The fresh herbs from the garden only enhance the flavor.  



1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
12 ounces bite-size pasta, your choice (I used corkscrew, just because it's easier for the kids)
2 cups medium diced seedless cucumber
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, lightly sprinkled with salt
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped coarse
1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Ground black pepper
Handful of parsley and basil - or whatever herbs you like
Bring 3 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Add salt and pasta to the boiling water. Using back-of-the-box times as a guide, cook pasta until just tender.  Drain pasta (do not rinse), pour into a shallow baking pan, and cool to room temperature.
When ready to serve, place pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, olives, onion, and oregano in a large bowl, Add oil; toss to coat. Add vinegar and pepper to taste; toss to coat.  Top with herbs.  Adjust seasonings and serve.

Comments

  1. Yum! I think I might have to make this today :-) Although I don't have cherry tomatoes...I might need to raid my mom's fridge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really great, but my husband won't eat feta or olives. :( Thankfully he eats most other things! I love feta though. This sounds healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was SO YUMMY!!! I made it last night, and think it will be a summer time regular around here! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts