The Carribean or Greece? Pizza 2 Ways

I've written before about my love for pizza.  This past Labor Day weekend, I was in the mood for pizza, with a different flair.  Here's what I came up with...

Carribean Pizza
Ingredients
Chicken Breast (I used 4 cooked chicken breasts but you could use a rotisserie  chicken if you wanted)
1 large Spanish onion
6 oz Gouda Cheese
1 Package of Corn Tortillas or make your own (you ambitious one, you!)
1 Jalapeno, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic

Sauté your chicken with a good carribean marinade (I used Stonewall Kitchen's Habanero Mango), about 20 minutes
In a seperate pan, sauté one whole chopped spanish onion in some olive oil and garlic
Lay out your corn tortillas and top with chicken and layer the onions, chopped jalapenos and top with gouda cheese.  Bake in over for 15-20 minutes and enjoy.  Easy & good! 


Greek Pizza with a kick
Ingredients
3 tablespoons of Kalamata Olives, sliced
6 oz Feta Cheese
4 large tomatoes, chopped
one large red onion
1 tablespoon oregano
8-12 Peperoncini peppers - sliced
Instructions: 
Top your favorite pizza dough (I use this one from Into Ablivia)
with your chopped fresh tomatoes, oregano, onions (you can Sauté or not), peperoncini peppers and top with feta.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!

Comments

  1. Yum! They both look great! We will be having pizza for dinner tonight...but not so sure on toppings yet...you make a good case for greek :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look delicious! I'm very fond of Greek flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your tips! Yummy!
    I love making pizza. I buy dough or sometimes make it and each family member can top their corner (I use square dough) by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks really really good and I am making that for dinner tomorrow night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, you are inspiring! I'm not doing wheat right now and love the idea of using tortillas for a pizza crust! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts