Granola Shout Out & a MONDAY Recipe!

It's Monday and boy does it feel like it.  Yesterday, when creating my weekly menu, I decided to whip up some healthy snacks we could enjoy all week long.  Little did I know I would end up eating a half a pan way more than I anticipated.  Oh well, it was my birthday so I guess I needed a personal celebration!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Here's what you'll need:
2 & 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Honey
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
 1/2 cup (or to your liking) Chocolate Chips (you can also use raisins or nuts or a combo)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees, spray your pan 9X13 pan with Pam or someother non stick spray.

In a large mixing bowl, combine your oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla, honey and brown sugar.  Then, stir in your chocolate chips or other add ins.  Mix well and get your workout because it's a challange.

Add to your pan and press down until firmly spread throughout.



Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden.  Let cool for 10-20 minutes and then slice your bars into your desired size.  

And yes, my desired size just happenned to be a half pan.  No joke.  I called it breakfast, does that count? 

Happy Monday!

Comments

  1. It absolutely counts! And I am thinking about making these because my husband definitely needs his "snacks" but I think I might not include the chocolate chips :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts