Tabouli

With Spring only about a week away, we are already thinking forward to delicious Spring veggies.  I try to eat seasonally but sometimes I just have to have the flavors of Summer.  This past weekend I bought some delicious arugula from our Winter's farmer's market and  tossed it with tomatoes, diced cucumbers, red onion and peppers.  Instead of topping it with dressing, I threw in 2 tablespoons of  tabouli salad.  It was satisfing and delicous.  Suprisingly I didn't miss the hunks of feta I typically enjoy. 
This tabouli was so easy to make and the kids enjoyed it as well. 
Here's the recipe:


  • 2 cups water                   
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 3 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 2 bunches green onions, diced - grow your own like I did here!
  • 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • sea salt, to taste

    1. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature; fluff with a fork.               
    2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions and parsley. Stir in cooled quinoa.
    You could easily whip up a batch and enjoy it with tortilla or pita chips, as my kids did.  It's a delicious alternative to salsa! 
    Enjoy! 

    Comments

    1. I have never thought to make tabouli with quinoa! What a great idea! I might have to make some of this today :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts