Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

Last week, I told my friend I made "healthy" no bake cookies for a snack.  She protested, "There is no such thing as a healthy no bake cookie."  Perhaps she's right - these definetely aren't the most healthy but still, they have less sugar that the usual suspects and are nutritionally better because they incorporate oats and peanut butter.  Plus, it's a COOKIE!  Not "low cal" but when you're a kid and looking for a snack I think these are fine, especially if you don't gobble down a dozen in one sitting (not that I did that, just saying). 

Next week, I'm going to try to make an even healthier version by omiting the sugar and cocoa but I bet the kids won't enjoy them quite as much.  Either way, these were yummy and easy and way better for you than any over processed store bought kind. 
Chocolate Oatmeal No Bakes
2/3 cup natural organic sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbsp organic butter
2 1/2 cups of oats
3/4 cup of all natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
 Combine the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter and boil in a saucepan for about 3 minutes
Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter, vanilla and oats
Roll into balls and drop onto wax paper, flattening each to form the cookie.  I used about a tsp of the mixture but you could obviously make bigger ones.
Refridgerate overnight and store in air tight container in your refridgerator.
Makes about 40 cookies.

Comments

  1. these are my favorite cookies all of time.. they will always remind me of my grandmother and visit's to her house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look just delicious! I love the fact that they need no cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Great Aunt made cookies like these, but she would add in melted chocolate along with the cocoa and omit the peanut butter. I always thought that melting the chocolate could be considered "baking" of some sort, but I wasn't about to object if I got to eat the cookies *grin*

    Thanks for a great recipe idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts