Special Week!

We were lucky to enjoy a few sunny days and now the rain is back again.  We will be celebrating my first's 8th birthday this week.  It will be a wonderful and special time for us.  Today I'm focused on getting her gift wrapped and organizing a few birthday surprises.  This past weekend, we celebrated with her special friend.  She had the choice of a bigger party or a smaller gathering and opted for a lunch date and some time at Paint for Fun.  It was a wonderful celebration full of giggles and sillies. 

First, they dined at the local creperie place and enjoyed some lunch.  Lemon blueberry for my girl and three cheese tomato for our friend...
Then it was off to Paint for Fun to paint some items.  They didn't have any dolphins so each girlie opted for a dog.  They loved it!
I made these dolphin cookies for the favor bags
along with a dolphin themed basket...
We ended the party by our traditional "balloon release".  We've done this for as long as we can remember....we put a "Happy 8th Birthday Riley" note inside the balloons and each guest makes a wish and releases the balloon.  They love it!

I'm a little fragile this week but hiding it deep inside.  Birthdays are bittersweet.  This girl makes me one proud Mama.  

Comments

  1. Awww! Such a fun time! And I am absolutely LOVING the style on that little girl! Tell her I said so too :-) I'm thinking a patchwork skirt will be in the works soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts