Countdown to School Vacation

I know a lot of kids are already out for Summer Vacation but here in the New England, we have about ten days of school left.  Do you remember those last weeks at school?  I do and they were by far, some of my favorites.  Full of warmer weather, special outings and treats!  I have wonderful memories of the last days of a school year.  I decided to celebrate by creating this very simple Summer Vacation countdown.  Here's what you need...
1.  Assorted construction paper
2.  Scissors
3.  Tape
4. A Marker
(Pretty easy!)

Here's what you do...
1.  Cut out little ice cream cones for each child and scoops of ice cream for the remaining school days
2.  Write a special message on the back of each scoop. 
3.  Each morning, remind your child to take a scoop of ice cream and read their message.  I did one for each child...even though officially attend school, she still looks forward to when her sister will be home for Summer vacation.
4.  Make a sun above your cones with instructions - very simple!
5. Adhere your cones with a tiny piece of tape so they can be easily removed and read.
I saved the best for the last day of school! 

Comments

  1. VERY VERY CUTE!! I'll have to remember this for next year! Or maybe I'll do it as a countdown for back to school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY VERY CUTE!! I'll have to remember this for next year! Or maybe I'll do it as a countdown for back to school! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts