Guest Post from Kadie!!!

Hello there my name is Kadie and I blog at Seven Alive all Livin' in a Double Wide.  We like to have a lot of fun at the Double Wide.
Mostly I like to blog about my love of crafting, sewing, cooking, photography and my favorite crocheting.  There is a good bit about being a mother of 5 fantastic kiddos thrown in for good measure. I think it's official  summer time is here in the south.  So the kids and I created this super simple banner to celebrate the season.
Okay now if you are in your early to mid 30's (like me)  you might be singing the Will Smith song, Summertime.  I couldn't stop singing it in my head while we were making this banner.  So I ended up putting the CD on and we rocked out to some Will Smith while we created this. In case you are wondering Will Smith = Rock and Roll with the 5 to 3 year old crowd.  ABBA = not Rock and Roll....., they may even ask you to turn it off.  {sad} Any way back to the craft at hand.  For our banner we took blank wooden pre-cut tags bought from Pick Your Plum.  However I have seen them at Hobby Lobby and other crafting stores.  Spray paint the tags with Aqua Blue paint.  We spelled out Summer Time in glitter stickers from Wal-Mart.  The stickers were $1 for a pack.
Then I tied them on to a long piece of bakers twine.  I just eye balled them.  I also added  washi tape pennants to the end and beginning of each word.  I put mine up in the Kitchen with some push pins.
It's fun and colorful, a great way to celebrate summertime.
We would love to see you around the Double Wide sometime.  You can of course find me on face book and pinterest.  Have a great day.

Comments

  1. Love the idea of a banner! How fun! And Will Smith...yes I have found memories of listening to him in high school and college...I might need to dig out my CD, I'm sure my kids would enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having me over today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! New follower from the hop, would love a follow back www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts