Market Fresh Spicy Veggie Wrap

One of the things I adore about Summer is the local veggies!  We can't seem to get enough and while I haven't always gone weekly to our Farmer's Market as it's on Wednesdays at 3pm, we make sure we hit our farmstand and pick up the freshest items available.  Lots of green right now and we actually were able to pick up our first bundle of corn! 

Tip - After I wash and pat dry my greens, I've been storing them in a recycled lettuce box...I've found they stay fresher a lot longer and I don't loose the crispness of the greens.   
This week I've been eating a lot of salads and fresh sandwiches.  Here's one I make all the time - super simple but very, very tasty and nutrient rich, I love it!

1 flatbread or pita (I used Joesphs honey wheat, which is low carb as well)
2 tablespoons hummus
handful of fresh spinach
1/2 piece of cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chunky fresh salsa, drained

Spread 2 tablespoons of your favorite hummus on the wrap, top with layer of spinach, cheese, then salsa and end with one more layer of spinach to avoid the sandwich from getting soggy.  Cut in half or eat whole.  I take these on picnics or when I'm running out the door to avoid a "quick stop".  Since I didn't have any tomatoes, I used my fresh salsa and it was delicious, spicy and tasty!

I'm linking up to Townsend House today where she is featuring some fresh and delicious recipes.  It's pretty cool to see what everybody's been eating and to get some new ideas!  I'm also linking to My Green Resource as well! 


Have a wonderful Friday and great weekend all!

Comments

  1. Yum! This looks delicious! I never thought to put my greens in an old lettuce box...that's a good idea! I can't believe you have corn! I guess I will have to see if we have it at the market next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, it looks so good. I've been eating lots of spinach lately, my son is into eating anything that is green so hopefully that continues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started the kids young on all veggies, we also had a few years of a CSA so that exposed them to all types of greens! Start them young :)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts