Honey Lemon Blueberry Bread

Last week we went blueberry picking and have enjoyed our bounty ever since.  The girls requested some blueberry bread so I got to work yesterday - we had just enough.  We love the combo of the lemon/blueberry but this time decided to incorporate the honey flavor as well, it is delicious!  Easy and flavorful, give it a try. 


1 1/2 cups flour 
3/4 cup natural sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup honey Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups blueberries


Directions - Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease and flour the bottom & sides of your loaf pan.  In a medium bow, mix your flour and baking powder, set aside. 


In a separate larger bowl, whisk your yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.  Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet.  Slowly fold in your blueberries very gently.  (I am clearly still mastering this, read more about that later!)


Pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. Let the     loaf cool for about 10 minutes before transferring your loaf to a wire rack. 
The girls thought this piece looked like a wink and a smile.  I definitely need to master the blueberry fold...any suggestions? Still, this was moist, delicious and flavorful!


Happy Monday!

Comments

  1. yum! i love blueberry bread...of course I typically put crumble on top making it oh so healthy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost opted to put a lemon glaze in top but feared it would just be too sweaty and sticky.....one good thing about the heat wave is that I want to eat lighter! I think I need to move South.....hummmmmmmm

      Delete
  2. yummy, looks and sounds delicious! thanks for following me, I have followed back. Enjoy the rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts