More Apple Picking and Cider Too!

More apple talk today because frankly, when you are a New England-er in the Fall, that's one of the preschool field trips.  So, in addition to our family apple picking trips, we recently checked out a different farm and picked Honey Crisp apples.  It was a really fun day! 
We got to make apple cider - a first for us and it was both educational and delicious.  Here, Sydney and friends wait their turn to crank the apple press...
Sydney was so excited that she actually made her very own apple cider!  It tasted like nothing I have ever tried before, so naturally sweet and delicious! 
Now Sydney is insisting we get an old fashioned apple press. Read more about making your own cider here or, if you are particularly crafty (I am not), make your own...these instructions will help!

Comments

  1. I second Sydney's request for an apple press! I would love to get one :-) Whether or not I can convince Matt we need one is another question...I think he is still trying to figure out how we got chickens :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sooo jealous that you get to experience autumn where you live. Here in Texas it's "hot" and "not as hot" all year round! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts