Super Easy Orange Tip!

We love oranges and Riley often asks to take them for snack or lunch.  She also has complained that they are all "dried out" by the time she gets a chance to enjoy them.  Peeling the orange herself takes a little longer than the average adult so I've tried to peel them and let her section them off....to dry, then I've simply cut them into wedges...too dry.  Too dry, until I took this simple step:

Take your orange, cut into pieces and then put it back together, securing it with a rubber-band.  Note - I actually wrap mine into a paper towel or cloth napkin first and then put the rubber-band around it but I wanted you to be able to see it clearly...
Then place it into a reusable snack pouch (we love Itzy Ritzy) and you're good to go.  Riley came home exclaiming how her orange was sweet, juicy and requested another for the next day.  Sometimes something super simple can make all the difference! 

Speaking of school snacks, don't forget to enter to win some Kashi goodies and a tote!  Check it out here and as always, have a great day! 

Comments

  1. What a good idea! I never thought to do this, but it really is simple and I'm sure it works well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts