Best Snack Ever

I love the fact that my kids are begging requesting fruit salad these days.  I don't know if it's the "we are OVER Winter" scenario or that they are just craving it.  But, a few weeks ago, my oldest daughter said she "needed" some fresh fruit salad.  I know, I know, strawberries aren't in season, I opt to buy organic but there is just no way I could refuse two little gleeful girls asking for their fruit salad. 

That was weeks ago and yes, they have requested it every week since.  Fresh pineapple  kiwi, mango, strawberries and cantaloupe.  I try to pick the most economical fruits not on the "dirty dozen list" and that will make the biggest bowl.  They literally eat it all week long.  Nothing super fancy, just fresh, real fruit.  

My youngest declared, "this is the best snack ever Mama!"
I couldn't agree more!

This week, I've decided on a "Sunshine Salad" which the girls absolutely love.  It includes blood oranges, honey tangerines, tangelos, navel oranges and grapefruit.  They have been gobbling it up and really, anything sunny and bright is bound to liven our day.  Yesterday, we got another three inches of snow, followed by rain and a giant, gray cloud cover.  Oh, and I'm hearing rumblings of yet another late week storm in the Northeast.  Yes, payback from last Winter.  I had to re-read that post when I saw that it was 80 degrees...at 6:18pm....on MARCH 19th. 

Are there any snacks that your kids request over and over? 

Comments

  1. I think my kids would eat fruit for every meal if it was an option. But mine are also into green smoothies, and dates and walnuts. Oh, and the larabars...always those larabars ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that they love fruit! Great idea to buy whatever is most economical based on the dirty dozen list. My husband (he qualifies as my kid for now, right? haha!) has a weak spot for mint oreos, but I try to make him eat healthy snacks like nuts and dried fruit whenever I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Your fruit salad looks delish! And so awesome that your kids love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts