Steel Cut Apple Crockpot Oatmeal

These Fall mornings are getting so chilly.  We are holding off as long as we can from turning on our heat but love to look forward to a warm bowl of healthy Steel Cut Oatmeal.  This past weekend, I decided it would be a great, easy Sunday breakfast.  Warm and comforting, this will be my "go to" meal when I'm looking for something delicious, healthy AND warm!  There are tons of variations online but this is the recipe we used...
 
Steel Cut Apple Crockpot Oatmeal
Ingredients
  • 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats - I love Bob's Red Mill Organic Steel Cut Oats
  • 2 cups Milk (I used Almond Milk and was afraid it wouldn't be thick enough but it was fine!)
  • 1 cup Water
  • 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
  • 1 Large Apple, Chopped (skin removed)
  • Cooking Spray
Directions
  • Spray the crockpot with cooking spray
  • Combine all ingredients in your crockpot
  • Cook on low for 8-12 hours or overnight
  • Add maple syrup, honey, pecans, almonds, raisins or pumpkin butter, if desired
  • Enjoy!
This will stay good for about a week.  My kids prefer this oatmeal so I warm it each morning for breakfast!  Did I mention, these are super economical and work for a quick family dinner as well?!

Comments

  1. Oh my mom just made us steel cut oats for breakfast yesterday! I love them too and it is a very hardy and satisfying breakfast! Bob's Red Mill is right here in Oregon and I like their steel cut oats too. I think a crock pot recipe is perfect for when you have house guests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! It sounds like the perfect thing for a chilly fall morning. I need to try this out sometime. I love how you can make it in a crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fall mornings ARE getting chilly! I finally used our fireplace for a little warmth...it was perfect! And this crock pot oatmeal sounds like a perfect breakfast!! My kiddos are crazy about oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying this over the weekend! I love that it is crockpot, and that it reheats well! Loving every part of this recipe. And.... we turned the heat on last night. Had to break down and do it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts