Honey Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

 
Oh good, more snow...NOT.  So, it's January 24nd and I'm already ready for Spring.  The trouble is, we live in New England and that just isn't possible.  The possibility that it will be 70 degrees next month, well about as likely as me becoming a Supermodel at this point.  I've decided to focus on the beauty of the snow (and it is beautiful), the outdoor activities we can enjoy (we spent this past weekend ice skating) and keeping warm.  The Polar Vortex, part deux is upon us and with a steady forecast of single digits I'm convinced Elsa from Frozen is near.  That's where these cookies come in...deliciously crunchy and sweet these cookies go perfectly with a cup of cocoa, tea or coffee!  That warms me up!
 
Honey Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Ingredients
  • 1 cup  white whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup quick cook oats (3 minute variety)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, vanilla extract and honey.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
Slowly add in the flour mix to the wet ingredients while whisking and then the oats. If adding raisins, add them here.
Drop by spoonfuls on baking sheet
Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until they appear to be cooked through.

Happy Weekend-ing My Friends!  Linking up at Friendship Friday, From the Farm Blog Hop and The Domestic Superhero!


Comments

  1. These look like delicious and healthy cookies - a great way to brave the storm. I would have flown to the Caribbean by now ~ no joking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe! I've been trying to use white whole wheat flour and honey more in my baking, so this sounds like a great one to try out. I bet they are so yummy! Try to stay warm. It was 1 degree here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! I know I will be baking a lot the next couple days too. Problem is, I am suppose to be dieting in preparation for our vacation. It's all ok as I keep the cookies healthy like these, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for enjoying the outdoors this winter...as for me, I am staying perfectly cozy INSIDE!! If only I had a little plate of these cookies and a cup of tea this afternoon....it might even be better than summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts