PB & J Oat Thumbprint Cookies on a Desert Island!

 
With school vacation upon us and the return of the Polar Vortex, we decided it was a great time to make some delicious cookies with a healthy flair!  These PB & J Oat Thumbprint cookies are slightly crunchy, a bit chewy and full of delicious peanut butter and jam!  I often say that if I could only take one food or food item, I would take a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a deserted island with me if given the chance.  I love the flavor in these cookies and so do my kids!
 
Ingredients
 
  • 2 medium ripe bananas
  • 1 cup of quick oats
  • 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (I like the texture)
  • 2 tablespoons of the jam of your choice
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

  • Directions
    1. Prepare your cookie sheet by spraying lightly with nonstick spray and heat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Mash your bananas and add peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a bowl. Add the oats and mix until thoroughly combined.
    3. Place batter by tablespoons on the cookie sheet, making an indent with the back of your spoon spoon. Repeat until you have 12-16 cookies. 
    4. Bake 16 minutes until golden.  
    5. Drop jam in the center and allow to cool. 
    Happy Weekend my Friends!  And, while we are on the subject, what is the one food you would bring on a deserted island?  Linking up at The Chicken Chick!

    Comments

    1. I Desert Island dish if ever I saw one.

      ReplyDelete
    2. These look so tasty! I do have a question for you, do you always use fresh bananas? I tried a similar recipe recently, and used some banana's that I had frozen, and the cookies were less than impressive. Do you think using the frozen banana's was a mistake?

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love these cookies! So few ingredients....relatively healthy....and delicious! Thanks for this recipe - we may make them after school today!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I take that back....these bad boys are totally healthy! Thanks, friend!!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular Posts