Seaglass


With the stretch of gorgeous and HOT late Summer weather we've been having, it's safe to say that we have spent a lot of time at the beach! One of the things I love about living on the coast is the plethora of beaches in our area. There is no shortage of exploration opportunities here! We can literally go to the most beautiful, calm, kid friendly beach or drive five minutes down the road to watch the surfers, then go a little farther and find the perfect "in between" beach. Thrilling enough to body board but safe enough for me to not freak out about the undertow!
Another Summer activity we have fallen in love with this Summer? Hunting for sea-glass. It literally provides the greatest stress relief in my opinion. Maybe it's just being near the shore, watching my kids think of nothing but those glistening treasures by the sand. We all enjoy the hunt!
I know that before long, our routines will be back in place and our schedules, more rigid. I read a quote recently that said, "When you can spend a perfectly useful afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

I couldn't agree more!  

Jessica 

Comments

  1. Oh so pretty! I never find any sea glass! :( You are so lucky to have so many beaches nearby! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on my way! Just kidding, but that water is gorgeous and the sea glass is so pretty too. What a fun way to spend the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great new hobby and the perfect way to spend an afternoon with the girls :)

      Delete
  3. A true treasure. We love to go sea glass hunting on Lake Superior's shores. I am with Heather, I am jealous you are so close to the beach.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day! Next time we are on the coast, I will have to spend some time looking for sea-glass!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts