DIY Suncatchers Easy Crafts

This is the time of year that we start getting anxious to spend some more time outside.  I do love that Winter offers shorter days and sort of forces us to hunker down a bit, and spend more time as a family inside. We cuddle and get cozy. But, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't starting to get a bit of mild Spring Fever. It was 55° here yesterday which is slightly unheard of in New Hampshire this time of year. With the days a bit longer, we're waking to bright sun in the morning (at least on school vacation week). The girls were excited to make some Suncatchers this past week to celebrate! Super easy, fun and pretty, these Suncatchers are the perfect Welcome Spring craft. 

Supplies

  • Assorted Pony Beads
  • Oven safe pan
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees 
  2. In the pan of your choice, slightly spray and wipe cooking spray along the bottom and edge of the pan.
  3. Start arranging the pony beads in the design of your choice until you've filled in your spray  
  4. Bake for 30-40 minutes 
  5. Remove from oven and place outside to cool for 20 minutes
  6. Gently remove from pan and hang 
Can you believe tomorrow is March 1st?  Crazy!  

Comments

  1. These are so fun. I made some similar sun catchers last year. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I had a TON of those beads growing up, but never did anything like this with them (which would have been way more fun!). Also, much less fiddly than perler beads! :D
    Our weather has been weird as well. It'll rain, then be sunny, rain, then sunny...this weekend was actually quite nice, though, and there were plenty of motorcycles out and about (which means the weather really *is* decent, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun craft! Yes, the weather is crazy but I'll take it after the snow filled weeks we had last Winter here!

      Delete
  3. I love this idea. I love sun catchers.
    You picked out fun colors. :-) Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls loved it! My pictures are awful but you get the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! My daughter would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever! I remember my sister and I making sun catchers "back in the day". Great memories :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts