Salad in a Jar

Can you believe it's mid April? I seem to say it every year, time is flying. As I get older, maybe I'm more conscious of time, I think when you can see the changes in your kids as the years roll-on, it really is put into perspective. Watching my soon to be 12-year-old up on stage this past weekend, the same girl who at the age of 4, absolutely refused to get on stage for her dance recital. It's amazing to observe the changes as time goes on. No, this isn't another sentimental post about my girls growing up so I'll stop before I get carried away again!
Spring means summer will soon be upon us. Warmer weather here in New England, fewer clothes and I most definitely need to get back on track with eating! One thing that helps me immensely is planning! I'm much more likely to eat healthier if I have a loose plan in mind of what I'm eating throughout the day. I know I talked about this a bit before, but it really does make all the difference. I can't tell you how many times I've come home ravenous and just reach for a quick fix. Unfortunately, that quickfix usually involves some kind of carby snack. I do love crackers but have a hard time portioning them out, even the most healthy ones can be my downfall! Instead, I have cut up veggies and hummus available, fruits and easy grab and go lunches. These salads in a jar or some of my favorite! Healthy, easy salads I can quickly pair with a pack of nuts or an apple! Admittedly, I was skeptical about these because I figured they would get soggy fast but if you carefully assemble them, you're good to go! Dressing first, crunchy veggies next, nuts/fruit/quinoa (anything goes) and lettuce on top! When you're ready to eat, shake and pour!

You can find all sorts of salad in a jar recipes on Pinterest and beyond!  I found these from Organize Yourself Skinny (I wish) helpful! 

Comments

  1. I really want to try and make some of these. I keep seeing them on Pinterest and other sites. I'm going to check out the site you listed! I love your sentimental posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I love your sentimental posts. Keep them coming!! xx oo

    Great ideas!! Thank you!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I was happy to hear they do not get soggy, I wondered that as well.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Just make sure your jar is big enough or if the dressing touches the lettuce it could get slimy!

      Delete
  4. I love jarred salads! Such a genius work lunch idea, too. I like mine with chickpeas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Julie, ill definitely be trying that! It's been great this week! I love chickpeas too :)

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! You are so right... It's all about what's on hand, I started restocking healthy snacks last week. I need to get back on track! Your salad would be great for me to take to the office. A lot cheaper than going to the co-op salad bar too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much more economical and sort of a healthy, no excuses salad! I'm trying to get back on track too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts