Happy May!

I'm back! I hope you guys had a great weekend!  Our vacation week was great, just what we hoped for! Relaxing, productive and fun. A mix of everything. We spent time with both family and friends, we played, we laughed and we just relished being all together. My husband even had a couple of days off to spend with us, it was so nice. Sometimes life is just too busy and it's nice to have a break and regroup. We did just that! 

Now, we are back to reality. Back to the schedule and our routine (although, admittedly it takes a few days before we can really get back to it). We are excited for warmer, brighter days and to see the SUN! We're excited that this final stretch of school will likely fly by, as it always does. This period of time, May and June usually goes by at warp speed, something I find both exciting and scary. I'm definitely excited for our Summer vacation but as always, it's scary to think how fast time is passing and another year of school will soon be just a memory. 

May and June also bring two birthdays, my soon to be 12 year old's turn is first, exactly one week from today! After that, our soon to be 8 year old at the end of June. Yes, those years keep on rolling on, a fact that's bittersweet. 

I still go back to the days after I just had my first. An older woman approached me and told me to enjoy it, because it flies by. At the time, I was a new Mom, loving the early days but still dizzy from the lack of sleep, late night feedings and dirty diapers. I remember thinking this stage would last forever and at times, it seemed to but eventually those stages past. Every stage is different and presents it's challenges. We do make it through difficult times. I remind myself you have to work in order to get to the really good moments...

the moments that matter
those that take our breath away 
the moments we never want to forget

So I remember that women with appreciation and fondness.  I remember to take it all in, spend the time with THEM and slow down. These are the days I'll cherish forever. When my girls are grown, with families and priorities of their own, I'll ask them to do the same. As a mother, I feel like it's my responsibility to tell them of these things, just as I was lucky enough to have someone remind me. 
Breath deeply in challenging times, count to ten when you're at your wit's end. Smile and enjoy the moments. Remember their faces, take in their expressions, connect with them. Most importantly, take it ALL in, for these days won't last. 

Comments

  1. Aww...this is so sweet and true! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. It sounded perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day seems to take forever, a week can take a while, but a month just passed (April was long *and* short) and years, well, they just kind of collect, it seems! I'm sure it would be even more so with children!
    I'm glad you guys had a lovely vacation - we, too, are looking forward to the sun and summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, and yes, having children has meant time is going by faster than ever!

      Delete
  3. glad you had a great vacation! I hear you on how the days are long but the years are short... it does go by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, true to the heart post.
    My youngest son as a May birthday too. May 18th, he will be 14!
    My husband and I also celebrate our anniversary in May, the 31st.
    May is a fun month for us, and it is so lovely here in Wisconsin during the month of May.
    I am glad you had a good vacation, it sounds like my kind! :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a busy and fantastic month! I do love May, it holds a special place in my ❤️!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you were able to have some quality vacation time as a family!
    That was so deserved and is so refreshing when you can all step away and be away from the day to day responsibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts