Hodgepodge: On The Move!

It's safe to say there hasn't been a lot of free time around here lately. We are always on the run and when we're not, we're busy enjoying the beautiful Fall here that is officially in "full bloom". The colors are amazing this week and although we are experiencing a drought, the colors aren't lacking (as many feared). After a beautiful long holiday weekend, I'm slowly getting back at it. Come join us for this week's hodgepodge - it's fun!  Check out Joyce's blog for the questions and let's get to it! 
1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house? Packing can be grueling and never ending. We always see to underestimate how much "stuff" we have. A couple of years ago we were in charge of moving my Mom from her apartment after her accident. She said she, "didn't have much" but it sure seemed like it when we were opening drawers and closets. Sometimes it seems like it will never end. 
2. What's moved you recently? The love that my girls have for one another. We visited a corn maze this past weekend. When they ran ahead, they just naturally joined hands and looked forward to their adventure. It was effortless, it was real. They may fight but deep down that connection is moving. 
3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so? I feel like life is moving forward. I think having school aged kids really puts time into perspective. We are busy and on the go a lot, and then comes another milestone, another birthday, another event. I wish things would really slow down but I don't see that happening anytime soon. 
4. On the move, move mountainsget a move onit's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain. On the move. We are always on the go - to school, to work, to activities, and on the weekends on the move to get outside and MOVE!  
5. What song makes you want to get up and move? Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake was pretty much my anthem this past Spring and Summer. Yes, now it's been wayyyy overplayed but I still love it. The lyrics are just fun and light, which I think we ALL these days. 
6. Your favorite snack to grab when you're 'on the move'? Probably almonds 
7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home? A beautiful wreath. I love to switch them out as the seasons change. 
8. Insert your own random thought here: 
My etsy shop, Posies in My Pocket, is up and running again. Items that are affordable and fun! Be sure to take a peek! 

I got that sunshine in my pocketGot that good soul in my feet
I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops, ooh
I can't take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally
Room on lock the way we rock it, so don't stop


Comments

  1. I have a fresh package of almonds....need to get them out. A great snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially enjoyed reading about the affection your daughters have for each other. Continue to nurture that in them and it will come back to bless YOU! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica! Thanks for visiting my Hodgepodge today! Nice to meet you! Yes, I am one of those 'cat ladies' and I'm always happy to hear when someone gets a new pet...even a dog (love dogs too)! Enjoy your new kitten!! I also enjoyed reading your HP answers today! Your girls sound adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your girls show their love for each other. Are they close in age. My girls are 15 and 9 and don't show as much love for each other as I would wish! I guess it could be the age difference. Thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will change as they get older, I'll be there soon enough! Still, love is at their core and I am so happy that's the case!

      Delete
  5. I like to have seasonal wreaths on our front door too. I have to get back to snacking on almonds, they are so good for you. The love between sisters is extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time definitely speeds up the older we get. My girls are best buds and it warms my heart. Sisters are special : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. THanks for visiting my Hodgepodge! I took a peek at your Etsy shop, such cute things. I've recently started working on some floral themed items for my Etsy shop and an art Festival that I'll be selling my jewelry at next april. The festival will be located in a botanical garden, I think the new items will fit right in.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exciting! I do love touching base with customers in person, it brings a different element in!

      Delete
  8. Hi Jessica!! We have great taste in music, don't we?? I have two girls who are grown now and every time I hear sweet sister stories I get melancholy. Sounds like you're appreciating every minute. PS My in-laws live in Fremont, NH. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that song too!
    Pretty stuff in your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Packing (and unpacking) does seem like an endless chore, even when it appears one has only a little bit of stuff. I have 32 years of stuff to deal with and know it would take me forever to get it all packed again, even though half never got unpacked to start with from our last move.

    I think it is sweet that your little girls held hands through the corn maze. :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almonds are a great snack. It is good that your girls gravitate towards one another. Our girls fight like cats and dogs when they are together but, in the end, both would fight for the other in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love hearing about the bond between your girls, it is heartwarming :)
    Love that song too... Good song to play when cleaning house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am heading over to Etsy. :-)
    I love when you share about the girls. And I know we are kindred spirits as mom's!! I am thankful I have a friend like you who understand how my heart gets tugged as they grow up.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Packing a house is by far the worst. Unpacking not so bad. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Unpacking usually means a clean slate - love that (just not enough to pack to begin with)!

      Delete
  15. I have four girls so I remember those days of always being on the move. And now, they're all grown up. It went in a flash! But I wouldn't change a thing! We had a blast just like you and your girls are doing now. Aren't daughters the best?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, #2 is so sweet!!! Very cool about having your Easy shop going again. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE that song! One of my spring/summer anthems for sure. It always puts me in a good mood. My other one is Handclap by Fritz & The Tantrums. So sweet about your girls!! Almonds and wreaths...YES! I hate to pack/unpack. Lately I've been on an organizational tear through the house to eliminate the extras. Thanks for the tip on TJ's pumpkin spice coffee. I got the Keurig pack and it's already gone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts