Snow Day Rant and Almond Butter Cups (Easy Recipe!)

Let me start off by saying we've been slammed with three big winter storms within the past week. That's FOUR snow days and two delays. I can't really believe it myself. Wasn't it just last month we were all grumbling about how we could see the grass? I was starting to think about my garden, and the beach. That entire time the groundhog was hysterically laughing! Needless to say it's been a bit crazy around here and crazIER to realize that New Hampshire (at least in our town) doesn't build snow-days into their calendar! In fact, our kids could technically go to school until June 30th if needed. That's a long school year - and A LOT of sweltering kids in those very last days of school! 

Why am I rambling about all this? Just to give you an idea as to why I may have been MIA yet again lately! We have enjoyed our snow days, we've done crafts, have picnics inside and did a lot of baking. We went sledding, and did a lot of shoveling! Now I'm kind of done with the snow, but I am happy for the plowmen who rely on it for income and skiers too! I just hope this is the worst of it and that there isn't another pattern like this ahead for March.

That being said, I promise to share a yummy recipe for homemade peanut butter cups last week and it just never happened. I procrastinated and although the peanut butter cups have been shared and enjoyed, I still wanted to share this simple recipe with you guys!  
Ingredients

  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips  
  • ½ teaspoon coconut oil
  • 2 Tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter will do!) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
  1. Line a mini muffin tin with 12 mini cupcake liners. Melt chocolate, vanilla and coconut over low heat, stirring to ensure it doesn't burn or in 30 second intervals in the microwave. Stir until all chocolate chips have melted and chocolate is smooth. 
  2. Using a spoon drop about 1 teaspoon of chocolate to cover the bottom of the liner into each cupcake liner. Place tray into the freezer for about 10 minutes for the chocolate to set. Remove from freezer and spoon ½ teaspoon of nut butter in the center of each chocolate cup.
  3. Spoon remaining chocolate over each and cover your nut butter. Place in the freezer again for 5-10 minutes.
  4. Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge.
These do you have a coconut flavor so if you're not a fan, you'll probably want to skip it! We love coconut around here and everyone enjoyed these immensely!
These will be a great little treat to take to the beach this Summer too - when I'm there, completely SOLO waiting for my kids to finish up with their year ;)

Comments

  1. I've heard about your crazy weather up there. Some of my New England friends have relatives that were on the news because she had a baby in an ambulance on it's way to the hospital, but it was stuck in Dunkin Donuts parking lot due to the snow storm. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about her! Only a couple towns away from here! Small world!

      Delete
  2. Yum!! I know these will be a hit!!!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at the post title. I thought "this is gonna be good!". :) It sure was. I totally feel your frustration at not built in snow days...been there, suffered through that! I hope we're all done with the snow, I saw my mini dafs pushing through before our last snow storm. I'm not sure if they survived. These nut butter cups sounds SO good, all of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mini dafs are the best sign that Spring is on the way! I'm going with it!

      Delete
  4. Those nut butter cups look wonderful. And snow days ... don't really affect me since I have no school kids any more, but I hate driving in snow and contending with the limited visibility from high snow banks. I'm here in your state so I know just what you are talking about with the many storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite a stretch! The snow banks are crazy around here!

      Delete
  5. My sister in Ottawa as been getting quite a bit of snow too, but I think you have the most! Your peanut butter cups sound fantastic, and I wish I could enjoy one right now... But, enjoying them on the beach later sounds really good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only do those look so delicious, I'm so excited that the ingredients are pretty minimal- for the best no doubt, I don't think I could handle having more than 12 of these around, I'd be stuffing my face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound so good, I totally love how easy they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Thanks for sharing! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts