Hodgepodge - half way through the year!

Already Wednesday again! I hope you are having a great week! It's been warm and sunny here, we're in the thick of Summer now - loving every bit! 

Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Come join the fun! Thank you, as always From This Side of the Pond

From this Side of the Pond

1. Growing up, were you close to your grandparents? Tell us one or two specific things you remember about them. I was close to my Grandmother on my Father's side (my Grandfather died before I was born). 
We used to go visit every Sunday, we would have lunch together and my Dad would mow her lawn. We would have long, lazy afternoons and pick black raspberries. My Grandparents on my Mom's side raised TWELVE kids. My grandfather would take me swimming - he wasn't the type to just "watch the kids while they swam", he would actually swim WITH us. My Grandmother was always loving, caring and a funny woman. I miss them ALL.


2. What's an item you were attached to as a child? What happened to it?
My Paddington Bear, I slept with him every night. When I was in the 8th grade we went to Disney for a vacation and brought my best friend. My friend hid the bear under the bed and he got left behind. Go ahead, ask if we're still friends ;)

3. When you look out your window, do you see the forest or the trees (literally and figuratively)? Explain. I see the trees and I love them. We sit on our back deck, especially this time of year and watch all the birds and busy land above us, I love it!

4. Do you like sour candies? Which of the 'sour' foods listed below would you say is your favorite?

grapefruit, Greek yogurt, tart cherries, lemons, limes, sauerkraut, buttermilk, or kumquats 

I do like sour foods! Limes are probably my very favorite but grapefruit is close!

Have you ever eaten a kumquat? What's your favorite dish containing one of the sour foods on the list? I have eaten a kumquat. I'm thinking a fresh margarita, on the rocks, no salt is my favorite! 

5. July 1st marked the mid point of 2017. In fifteen words or less, tell us how it's going so far. It's been a good year, I'm grateful for health, good fortune and our happy family.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I came across this picture last week. I love seeing the 80s style. For those of you who haven't seen me, can you guess where I am? 

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! I love the school photo and 80's style. I was bummed when they started doing composite class photos for my kids, I love the group shots! I don't know which one you are but it's fun trying to figure out. I can't believe we're half way through the year, so far it's been much better than 2017 for us. I like lime and grapefruit best too! Margaritas sound good right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have stirred up some wonderful memories of my grandparents! Although none of them involve swimming! That is a neat memory :)
    None of the schools I went to did a class photo, I love it! Lets see... which one are you? 2 guesses. 1.) Second row with white vest with hearts. 2.) 3rd row next to the teacher. I bet I am wrong, but that is my guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half way through the year already!? Wow. It's been so busy. I love the photo. It's the exact era the show Stranger Things is supposed to be in. I wish I had a relationship with my grandparents, but unfortunately they all passed away before I was born except for one grandfather. I'm not into sour food much, but I do love plain yogurt and that's a little tart for some people. This was a really fun list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't those old school photos fun!! I haven't a clue which little girl is you. Will you tell us? Enjoyed your Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to guess, the one with the white vest with hearts. :-)
    I enjoyed your hodgepodge. I like how you answered #5.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts