JULY HODGEPODGE SUMMER EDITION!

My first Hodgepodge in July! Time is flying! Thank you, as always for hosting FROM THIS SIDE OF THE POND! Come join the fun! Answer on your own blog, then jump back here tomorrow to share answers with the universe.  Here we go!

From this Side of the Pond
1. When was the last time you chatted with a neighbor? About what? (sharing that last bit is optional) Sunday. Our neighbor has two daughters and it was their youngest's 2nd birthday. Little Bella greeted us with her "birthday balloon" and the older sister (who is ten) was holding her other balloon. The girls were running around and one of the balloons floated away. We told her to make a wish and she thought it was fun watching it (although not environmentally friendly, I hear). 


2. River, lake, ocean, or waterfall...which one are you most like and why? OCEAN! I love the coast, it reminds me of growing up, visiting Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island beaches. The ocean stirs memories of  visiting Cancun in college, honeymooning in Aruba and trips (before kids) to Bermuda! Now we live close to some beautiful beaches that I can share with my own daughters. I'm blessed! 

3. July 13 is National Delaware Day. Ever been to Delaware? Delaware is called 'the first state' because it was the first to declare independence from the British. What's your state's nickname and does that moniker make sense to you? If you were in charge, what nickname would you give your home state? I've NEVER been to Delaware, although technically I guess I have because we've driven through. One of my closest friends is FROM Delaware and a few of my bloggy buddies as well. Our state's nickname is "LIVE FREE OR DIE" which I guess is pretty appropriate for the sentiment around here. Not sure what I'd name it, perhaps "It's a great state to live in but avoid the election years". It gets pretty intense around here in NH! 


4. What dish did you contribute to the last pot luck meal you attended? Do you have a go-to recipe for pot luck suppers? Pasta salad - which typically is simple, pasta/basil/tomatoes/fresh mozzarella and a balsamic dressing. I also love to make Greek Pasta Salad with red onion, tomatoes, olives, feta and fresh herbs. 

5. What is your number one tip for a brand new parent? ENJOY it, let life slow down a bit, sleep when the baby sleeps. Those dishes can wait! 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Have a great day my friends! 

Comments

  1. You are right about the flip flops. Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday too. It's also National French Fry day he tells me. :) I still can't believe it's July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Potluck at my house, please come with that delish dish. :-)
    Great advice my friend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have guessed you as ocean :)
    That is such a beautiful header photo! And, that sand... I want to walk on it...barefoot or flip flops!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts