Hodgepodge Time!

It's been a couple weeks but I'm (finally) back! Thank you From This Side of the Pond, as always, for hosting! Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog and like up over there! Join the fun! 

From this Side of the Pond

1. What pets did you have while growing up? Tell us a little something about them. During my elementary school years, we had an Old English Sheepdog named Maggie and a German Shepard named Sam.  We also had two goats named Riff and Raff but we had to get rid of them because they kept jumping the fence.  In Middle School, we got two horses, High River and Ronie. I had taken lessons for years and when we built our house we included a barn and a corral. It was so much fun! Later in high school we got another Old English Sheepdog and I named him Iggy. He was around until after I graduated college. 
2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today? We have my oldest's open house tonight. It makes for a long day. Admittedly, they aren't as fun as the elementary open houses and no kids are allowed. So, if I make it through that it will be QUITE an accomplishment! ;)

3. Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing there? Roughly ten years ago I was in New Hampshire, probably playing outside with my 3 year old. In late October 2007 I would find out I was expecting a sibling for that 3 year old! 

4. September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind? I did NOT realize it was National Dumpling Day and we don't have plans t o celebrate. I would probably opt for the steamed Chinese dumpling. I have had homemade dumplings. My senior year of college, I lived in a rooming house on campus. The girl in another room was from China. She would make dozens upon dozens of dumplings every morning. She was generous and always sharing. At first I LOVED it but after a while, it was just too must. I think I skipped dumplings for about a decade. Now I might have them once a year from our local Thai restaurant. 

5. 'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon

So which kind are you? I'm usually up for an adventure..if it's planned out (as in, if we have time for one). Did I just contradict myself there? 


6. Insert your own random thought here.

Image result for damn pumpkin spice quote
Happy Wednesday!

Comments

  1. Oh boy, pumpkin spice tacos. hee hee! I love Old English Sheepdogs but we never had a dog growing up (or now). We had cats though. I didn't know it was dumpling day either. Those Chinese dumplings sounded amazing but I can see getting tired of them too. I had my last Back To School (open house) last week. I always dread those night time things at the school. ...but it was my LAST one ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin spice tacos wouldn't surprise me! LOL Every sign in front of every restaurant or business says something about pumpkin! Yuck!! LOL Enjoyed your Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!! Love the random!!!
    I enjoyed your dumpling story. ;-)
    And your pets.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts